I am excited to be joining the adjunct faculty at Community College of Philadelphia this semester. History 103 is the final section of the US History survey, 20th century US History. These are the books assigned for the course:
- Mary Beth Norton, et al., A People and a Nation, Volume 2, 2011, ninth edition (Advantage Edition) [eighth edition would also work]
- William Riordon, Plunkitt of Tammany Hall (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2810/2810-h/2810-h.htm)
- J. Samuel Walker, Prompt and Utter Destruction: Truman and the Use of Atomic Bombs Against Japan (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2004) .
- Chana Kai Lee, For Freedom’s Sake: The Life of Fannie Lou Hamer (Champaign: University of Illinois Press, 1999).
- David Farber, Taken Hostage: The Iran Hostage Crisis and America’s First Encounter with Radical Islam (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2006).